LANAP® Laser Gum Treatment for Improved Oral Health
Gum disease is common. Unfortunately, getting it treated isn’t. Many people avoid gum disease treatment because traditional methods hurt and recovery is long and inconvenient.
Traditional gum surgery is intimidating:
- A scalpel is used to cut deeply into the gums so the bacteria can be scraped out.
- The cutting and scraping makes the gums bleed heavily (general anesthetic is required).
- Healthy gum tissue is destroyed in the process.
- Patients wake up with a lot of stitches and bandages packed between their gums and teeth.
- Recovery takes time and prescription pain medication is often needed.
- Dietary restrictions are in order – nothing but soft foods for at least a week.
Laser Gum Surgery with Jackson periodontists Dr. Parkes and Dr. Stewart are kinder
The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) laser gum surgery with Jackson periodontists Dr. Roger Parkes and Dr. R. Clarke Stewart are different. They make gum disease treatment simple, highly effective and far less painful. In fact, most patients report no pain at all. And that’s a good thing, because without treatment, gum disease can lead to tooth loss and other health problems, including cancer, heart disease and low birth weight.
LANAP® with Jackson periodontists Dr. Parkes and Dr. Stewart are the only FDA-cleared laser gum surgery available for gum disease treatment that is supported by scientific research and human histological studies.
Completely trained and certified to perform LANAP® laser gum surgery in Jackson, Dr. Parkes and Dr. Stewart use the PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser to deliver certain results the scalpel can’t. The PerioLase® MVP-7™ is extremely precise and designed to find hidden bacteria deep inside the gum pockets and kill it on the spot, without harming healthy gum tissue. This tissue then reattaches to the surface roots of your teeth to protect and support them. Plus, laser gum surgery with the PerioLase® MVP-7™ can even stimulate bone growth around your teeth, protecting them long after your laser gum surgery is over.
Why Patients Choose Laser Gum Surgery in Jackson:
- LANAP® gum disease treatment involves no cutting
- Keep your own teeth – the laser stimulates bone regrowth
- No heavy bleeding – the PerioLase® MVP-7™ finds and kills bacteria on the spot
- Recovery is fast – get back to living in 24 hours or less
- No receding gums – laser gum surgery leaves your healthy tissue alone.
- Less tooth sensitivity
- Results are lasting and more predictable with laser gum disease treatment
- LANAP® grows bone – this laser gum surgery is scientifically proven to stimulate bone growth around your existing teeth.
Call Jackson periodontists Dr. Parkes and Dr. Stewart today for a consultation about laser gum surgery in Jackson – because you deserve it.
“Thank you for everything! You have a very friendly office where people greet you by name. Everyone makes me feel at ease and welcome as if I'm the only patient you have. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my periodontal treatment. Kudos to Dr. Parkes and his staff.” Alex S.