Effective Treatment for a Single Missing Tooth
If you’re missing a tooth, dental implants in Jackson are better than dentures or dental bridges for replacing a single missing tooth.
- Dental implants are discreet, strong and long-lasting. Made with decay-resistant titanium, dental implants are like getting a brand new human tooth that melds flawlessly with your jaw bone to function just as well as the rest of your teeth.
- Dental implants in Jackson with Dr. Parkes and Dr. Stewart also give you the freedom you deserve to eat whatever you like, because biting and chewing with implants is never a problem the way dentures are. Dental implants never slip or click.
- Taking care of dental implants is simple, too. They require nothing but brushing and flossing after meals and regular dental checkups. An implant-supported crown may need replacing after years of wear but the actual dental implants will last forever.
There are two types of dentures for a single missing tooth and both have potential problems:
- Removable partial dentures. False teeth are attached to a malleable, flesh-toned base, which is held together with metal. The partial denture is attached to the gum line with metal clips and can be removed at any time. This denture fails about 30 percent of the time and will need to be replaced within five to seven years.
- Fixed partial denture/Three Unit Bridge. A fixed partial denture/dental bridge functions between two of the patients existing teeth, called abutments. Some of the enamel has to be shaved from the teeth in order to accommodate the appliance, which makes them weak and puts them at greater risk for damage. Tooth decay is also more prevalent among patients who wear fixed dentures. And this type of denture also fails about 30 percent of the time and will need to be replaced within five to seven years.
Make an appointment to see Dr. Parkes or Dr. Stewart – the area’s leading expert in implant dentistry – and learn more about how dental implants in Jackson can replace your missing tooth.
“Thank you for everything! You have a very friendly office where people greet you by name. Everyone makes me feel at ease and welcome as if I'm the only patient you have. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my periodontal treatment. Kudos to Dr. Parkes and his staff.” Alex S.