Oral Cancer - Does it Only Impact Tobacco Users?
Have you been a cigarette smoker, or have you used another type of tobacco product? If so, you may be worried about developing oral cancer. However, it is important to note that a quarter of all oral cancer diagnoses have no link to tobacco usage. There are roughly 42,000 Americans diagnosed with oral cancer each year. While oral cancer can be deadly, if you notice the symptoms early and seek treatment, oral cancer is extremely treatable.
• Unexplained bleeding.
• Unexplained pain or loss of feeling in your neck, face, or mouth.
• Frequent sores on your face and neck, or inside of your mouth that bleed when aggravated.
• Patches within your mouth that are white, red, or spotted.
• Pain in your ear but no hearing loss.
• The feeling of your teeth being loose with no dental explanation.
• Excessive weight loss.
• Difficulty chewing, talking, and moving your jaw.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we recommend seeing a dental professional for a consultation. If you have any questions about oral cancer, feel free to contact us today at our office in Jackson, MS.