Effective Gum Disease Treatment Options
We offer a full range of treatments tailored to the various stages of periodontal disease. Our goal is to achieve successful, healthy outcomes for patients, and to equip them with the knowledge they need to maintain their oral health. Whether you need a deep cleaning or a tissue grafting procedure, we can perform the gum disease treatment that is right for you. At our office in Jackson, we have been helping patients overcome periodontal disease and maintain oral health for more than 30 years. If you have swollen, red, or inflamed gums, and are looking for treatment in a safe, comfortable atmosphere, contact our office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Roger Parkes or Dr. R. Clarke Stewart.
Individualized Care and Treatment Options
Patients in the early stages of gum disease are generally good candidates for more conservative treatments, while advanced cases will require a more aggressive approach. At Periodontal Associates of Jackson, P.A., we offer a complete range of gum disease treatments:
- Antibiotics - We may prescribe antibiotics to eliminate infection. Medication could be administered as pills, medicated toothpaste, or mouthwash.
- Scaling and root planing - This deep cleaning procedure is effective in cleaning the teeth below the gum line, and reducing the pockets that can develop between the teeth and gums.
- LANAP® - The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) uses light energy to eradicate bacteria in the pockets that form between the gums and teeth in advanced stages of gum disease. In addition to eliminating infection, the light energy also fosters reattachment of the gums to the teeth, and can stimulate bone growth.
- Laser gum therapy - For advanced cases of periodontal disease, infected portions of the gums may require removal. After we have removed the diseased part of the gums, we will reshape the gums to provide an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Flap procedure - The flap procedure allows your dentist to clean the root of the tooth and repair bone damage. A small flap will be created in the gum tissue to allow access to the root, and then stitched back into place following the procedure.
- Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique® grafting - For some patients, we are able to use an approach called Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique® grafting to restore receding gums back to a healthy location. By creating a small incision with a needle, our dentists are able to reposition the gums to restore periodontal health.
- Tissue grafting - For patients who do not have an adequate amount of tissue for the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique®, we can perform gum grafting by removing a small amount of tissue from the roof of the mouth and suturing it into place over the treatment area.
After your treatment, it is important to adopt improved oral hygiene techniques to ensure that the mouth remains healthy. You may be prescribed additional medications, such as special toothpaste or mouthwash, to aid in recovery and healing.
Contact Our Office
If you are suffering with periodontal disease, we can restore the health of your gums. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation with a member of our caring staff.
“Thank you for everything! You have a very friendly office where people greet you by name. Everyone makes me feel at ease and welcome as if I'm the only patient you have. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my periodontal treatment. Kudos to Dr. Parkes and his staff.” Alex S.