Dental Implants for Multiple Missing Teeth
If you have missing teeth, dental implants in Jackson with Dr. Roger Parkes and Dr. R. Clarke Stewart are probably your best move.
Although patients may still consider using a conventional dental bridge, which functions between two natural teeth, dental bridges come with some potential problems.
- A dental bridge stresses existing teeth. A dental bridge is constructed in a way that can be rough on some teeth. Even studies are showing that patients who wear a dental bridge are at increased risk of losing the actual teeth the dental bridge needs to function.
- A dental bridge causes bone loss. The bones in our mouth require daily stimulation to be healthy and functional. When teeth are lost, so are the roots that stimulate the jaw bone. A dental bridge sits above the gum line, never engaging the bone and causing eventual erosion. Bone loss makes facial muscles sag, which is why patients with a dental bridge frequently complain of slippage and noise during meals and conversation.
Dental Implants in Jackson with Drs. Parkes and Stewart Instead of a Dental Bridge
Dental Implants in Jackson with Dr. Parkes and Dr. Stewart erase the worries associated with wearing dental bridges and dentures. Conventional dental appliances may look unnatural, particularly as they age, while dental implants look like natural teeth. Dental implants are even therapeutic because they act like real tooth roots to engage the jaw bone each day, so there’s no risk of bone loss. With dental implants in Jackson, you never have to think about clicking noises or slips that make chewing difficult. And unlike dentures, dental implants last a long time if you take care of them with regular brushing, flossing and dental checkups.
Dental Implant procedures:
- Placing dental implants at every tooth site. If Dr. Parkes or Dr. Stewart sees that you still have adequate bone left where your teeth are missing (implants need bone to work), he will put the dental implants exactly where your old teeth used to be. Or, he may suggest some bone grafting first if he determines that you’ve lost too much bone.
- The Implant supported dental bridge. Better than a traditional dental bridge, this one depends on implants instead of your teeth, to keep it in place. The procedure works like this:
- Dr. Parkes or Dr. Stewart will place your dental implants and then gives you a set of temporary teeth, called a flipper. You will use the flipper for up to six months, until implants completely fuse with your jaw bone.
- Your new dental bridge is fitted to your dental implants for a beautiful, permanent smile that work just like natural teeth.
- Make an appointment to see Drs. Parkes and Stewart and learn more about how dental implants in Jackson can replace your missing teeth.
“Thank you for everything! You have a very friendly office where people greet you by name. Everyone makes me feel at ease and welcome as if I'm the only patient you have. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my periodontal treatment. Kudos to Dr. Parkes and his staff.” Alex S.